Kasees Lodge is unique in Thredbo; it is a combination of traditional mountain lodge with communal areas including guest lounge and drying room/laundry, and private self-contained apartments where guests can prepare their own meals.
Kasees Lodge offers unique, cosy, atmospheric, light and self contained apartments. While they are compact, they offer warmth and unparalleled views.
Apartments are serviced daily for guests convenience, however please note this has been limited in the COVID-19 era. Servicing normally includes:
- rubbish, recycling and food waste collection
- cleaning of toilet and sinks
- replenishment of toilet paper
- mopping and vacumming where required
- making of beds (only if they are clear of personal items).
- Washing up is NOT included in servicing.
- A towel and teatowel change is made mid-booking for those staying 5 days or more. Towels will be changed on request at other times, but we ask that you consider water, chemical and energy usage and reuse your towels.
- If guests staying 7 nights or less wish to have bedding changed, an additional cleaning charge will be applied and guests will be asked to pay prior to departure.
We kindly request that all guests:
- Implement good hygiene and cleaning practices in apartments and in the communal areas. Wettex, scourers, dishbrushes and detergent are supplied, along with cleaner/disinfectant.
- Wash all kitchen items in hot water with detergent supplied, including prior to checkout.
Kasees provides a communal drying room and laundry where guests store ski and board boots and any wet ski clothing. Guests are able to use the washing machine and dryer; we ask guests to touch base with reception to confirm that timing is convenient.
Kasees has a communal ski and board lock-up of limited size; keys are available from reception. No skis, boards or boots are permitted in the apartments.
The guest lounge is a special place in the lodge. Please respect other guests and their use of this area; there is a limit on numbers at any one time and it is NOT to be used as a dining room.
The BBQ in the gazebo in the garden is a shared space. Please use the cleaning materials provided and secure all rubbish in the bins, as possums and birds frequent the area.
The Finnish Sauna is currently non-operational given COVID-19 public health requirements.
- Kasees Lodge does not have a restaurant, dining room or bar on the premises. Restaurant and bars are within easy walking distance.
- Kasees Lodge does NOT provide 24 hour room service. Office hours are 08:00-11:00 and 15:00-19:00.
- Check in after 19:00 is possible if arranged in advance; key and note will be left at the reception window with directions on parking.
- Wifi is free, but please note Thredbo is not connected to the NBN and relies on ADSL and mobile broadband. In winter the internet speeds can slow considerably due to the number of visitors in the village. We ask that guests disconnect when not using.
Additional payment will be requested from guests for:
- change of bedding during stays of 7 nights or less
- any damage to apartments and fittings, furnishings, equipment
- any damage to communal lodge areas
- loss of aparment or ski/board keys or locks
- additional cleaning required if an apartment is left in an unacceptable condition.